Noise nuisance charges against DJ Mix Master, Taco Loco owner dismissed


On Tuesday, Senior Magistrate Leron Daly dismissed the noise nuisance charges against the owner of Toco Loco Kian Jabour  and popular Disc Jockey (DJ), Tony Bowen, also known as “Mix Master Tony.” 

On July 10, 2021, Bowen was charged with disturbing the peace by playing music loudly and was released on $10,000 bail. 

He then made another court appearance today when Senior Magistrate Leron Daly dismissed the matter against him and Jabour on the grounds that the charge is “poor in law.” 

Police had alleged that Bowen, at Lot 1 Durey Lane, Campbellville, Georgetown, disturbed the peace by playing loud music. 

It was reported that on the day in question, Tony was working at Taco Loco when the Police arrived and accused him of disturbing peace after residents called the Police and complained about extremely loud music coming from the venue. 

After cops arrived at the location, the DJ and Jabour were arrested and taken to Kitty Police Station and later placed on $25,000 bail. 

“On the said night, the police had shown up to the restaurant and said that they had received a noise complaint, and they proceeded to tell us that myself, the owner and the DJ need to come down to the police station to be charged,” Jabour said during an interview with this publication.  

The owner stressed that he doesn’t own a club but rather a small restaurant. 

“We complied, and they charged us and then released us. They wanted us to pay $50,000 bail each at first, but we told them we don’t have that much money on us right now, so they dropped it to $25,000 each. On the following Monday, I went to the police station to find out when our court date was, and they said a court date has not been set because the person that made the complaint has not come in and made a report as yet.” 

He told this publication he responded to cops and said, “so you arrested us base on nothing then, you had no report, and you just had somebody that made a phone call, and then you proceeded to arrest us. And I leave.” 

About two or three days later, Jabour said, he received a phone call from the Police, informing him that a court date was set.  

He asked, “Did the complainant made a report?”  But the cops declined to share that information. 

“The first court date for my DJ was set for last week Thursday, and my court date was set for Tuesday, which was today.  Thursday, my DJ showed up to the court, and the complaint didn’t show up to the court, and no evidence was provided. The prosecutor proceeded to ask the Magistrate if the DJ license to play music can be suspended, and the Magistrate declined and told him that’s a little extreme for the circumstances,” Jabour concluded.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here