Guyana in talks with UAE for paperless travel within a year

0
224
IMG-20221210-WA0015-8a0a53a6

Together with representatives from the Abu Dhabi Exports Office (ADEX), the Government of Guyana is supporting the creation of an Electronic Visa (e-Visa) portal at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport(CJIA). 

At a recent news conference, Vice President Dr. Bharrat Jagdeo announced that the Government will fund 10% of the project while Abu Dhabi Exports Office will cover the other 90%. The project has received approval from Cabinet.

“In the future, hopefully within eight months or a year, it would almost seem paperless coming through our airport but with a lot of security features,” Jagdeo stated. 

In addition, several e-gates are anticipated to be deployed as part of the project.

The Vice President revealed that security cameras and fingerprint readers would be used as part of the country’s move to paperless travel at the airport. 

The Government also intends to send local immigration workers on attachments to the United Arab Emirates in order to acquire training in the use of the new technologies.

The Abu Dhabi Exports Office was established by the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) in 2019 and offers direct and indirect loans to foreign purchasers.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here