Boy (16) among four charged with murder of Parika man


Three men and a juvenile were on Friday charged with fatally beating a Parika, East Bank Essequibo (EBE) man. Those charged are Eashwar Sookdeo, 26, of Parika Facade E.B.E; Chaitram Persaud, 23, of Parika Facade E.B.E; Navindra Sugrim, 18, of Parika Facade E.B.E, and a 16-year-old boy.

They all appeared before Magistrate Zamila Ali-Seepaul at the Leonora Magistrate’s Court.  The adults were jointly charged while the juvenile was charged separately with the crime.

They were not required to plead to the indictable charge which stated that on October 31, 2021, at Parika Facade, EBE, they murdered Trevor Allen of Parika Façade, EBE.

The men were remanded to prison while the juvenile will be placed in custody at the Juvenile Holding Centre. They were all instructed to make their next court appearance on December 9, 2021. 

David Persaud called “Chrissy” of Parika Façade, EBE was also a suspect in Trevor Allen’s murder. However, he ingested a poisonous substance last week Wednesday and later died. 

A Police report said that Persaud ingested the poisonous substance at his relatives’ home in Number 74 Village Corentyne, Berbice.  He was rushed to the Skeldon Public Hospital where he was admitted in a critical condition under Police guard and later succumbed.  

According to reports, on the day in question at around 20:50 hrs, Trevor Allen and his two brothers were imbibing at a shop in the area, when he got into a heated argument with one of the accused. 

As a result, the accused held on to Trevor Allen and dealt him a cuff to his face, which resulted in a scuffle between them. Shortly after, the other three accused who were armed with a cutlass and knives dealt Trevor Allen several stabs and chops to his face and body. 

One of the victim’s brothers, Harvey Allen, attempted to rescue him and received a chop to his back, which caused him to seek refuge in the nearby canal from where he watched the four accused beat his brother. 

The men then armed themselves with bricks and began topelt at Harvey Allen who was raising an alarm continuously.  Persons in the area summoned the Police, but by the time ranks arrived, the accused persons had already made good their escape on foot in different directions. 

On arrival at the scene, Trevor Allen was seen lying motionless. Police ranks examined his body and observed five stab wounds on his abdomen area and a chop wound to his forehead. 

He was then escorted to Leonora Cottage Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. The matter was investigated and the four persons were later arrested and charged with the capital offence of murder.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here